junkiereader

Thoughts of a Junkie Reader

opinions & ramblings of a passionate reader

Nocturne

Nocturne - Andrea Randall, Charles Sheehan-Miles Seeing that this is written by two authors whose earlier books I loved, I couldn't wait to read their collaboration. Sad to say it didn't work for me. This is a book of complicated and conflicted feelings and I think I felt the same way. I had a hard time getting into the story and had this been any other book by another author, I would have abandoned it after few chapters.The plot was interesting and the style of writing was as expected brilliant but I didn't like the characters particularly Gregory. I actually despise him. I get that in the beginning he was thinking about his career and Savannah's reputation but he led the poor girl on and next thing he did was break her heart. Fast forward to a few years and he's still selfish and manipulating as ever. And now there's a new casualty, Karin. What he did was for me the ultimate downfall of the story. But then again maybe he wouldn't be much like that if Savannah learned to say no. At least they got their happy ending or it would be a total bummer.